DB SCHOOL

GUWAHATI (1922)                                  C-1926
 
St. John Bosco                                 Patron
Guwahati Archdiocese

School – Don Bosco School
Guwahati – 781 001
Assam
Parish – St. Joseph’s Cathedral
Don Bosco, Guwahati – 781001, Assam
www.donboscoguwahati.net
(0361) 2543810                                 House
2606088                                              Headmaster
2606033                                              Fax
2540583                                              School
2510410                                              Parish Priest
94350 44456                                      Fr. J. Thelekkatt
 
 
jthelekkatt@gmail.com                     Fr. J. Thelekkatt
Members

Fr. Parippil Joseph1                           PA to Archbishop
Fr. Thelekkatt Joseph                 Rector & HM
Archbishop’s House
Post Box 100
Ambari, Guwahati – 781 001, Assam
(0361) 2547664
(0361) 2520588 (Fax)
94355 – 45366                                    Fr. Joseph Parippil
parippilj@gmail.com                           Fr. Joseph Parippil
Convent :
FMA – St. Mary’s Convent
(0361) 2664997
 
History

The Salesian presence at Guwahati began in 1922. St. Joseph’s parish, established in 1923, is the first Salesian parish in Assam. In 1926, Don Bosco Technical school was started; it was transferred to Maligaon in 1969. In 1947, a college hostel was opened which lasted only for five years. The boarding was closed down in 1965. In 1948, a high school was opened in the same compound. In 1959, the Provincial office was set up in Guwahati. By 1971, the new Provincial house was built to cater to the growing needs of the province.  The school community was separated from the provincial house community, and became a canonically erected community in 1992. Currently, the community of Don Bosco, Guwahati, looks after the parish, the high school, and two confreres of the community look after Snehalaya, the centre for the care of street children. Opened in 1948, Don Bosco HS is one of the premier educational institutions in Assam. It was the first school opened by the Salesians in Assam. Since the erection of the new diocese of Guwahati in 1992, the parish Church has served as the Cathedral church.